Thursday, December 20, 2007

holiday freakout!

Okay. I do this pretty much every year, but it still always surprises me: I wait until the very last second to make all my holiday gifts, which results in several days of me freaking out and crafting like crazy. But this year I have a secret weapon: lots of yummy and super energizing tea from TeaNoir! My package from her arrived yesterday, and just in time! I just brewed up a big mug of her Casablanca (minty green tea) blend, and am getting down to business.

cocoa

I already mixed up a ton of spicy instant hot cocoa from scratch, with lots of cinnamon and a pinch of allspice, nutmeg, and cloves. Yum! Next up, I'll be making chocolate-covered pretzel bouquets and bags of chocolate-dipped marshmallows to go with the hot cocoa.

knitknitknit

And knitting like mad - this bubblegum pink confection will be a scarf for my partner's 8 yr old niece. Yay for huge bulky yarn and size 11 needles!

Back to work! I can't wait to be done so I can get back to spinning and playing with my tub of freshly felted baubles.

No comments: