Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Plant fibery goodness

I got a new shipment of vegan fibers today:

vegan fibers


Mmmm. I've been petting them all day. The organic cotton is sooo silky-soft, the tencel is smooooooth and has such an amazing shine, the carbonized bamboo amazes me all over again every time I touch it, and the hemp is really interesting - I keep picking it up and poking at it. I've never spun hemp before! I'm going to try to get some of this in the dyepots tonight, but even if I do it won't be ready to spin until this weekend at the earliest. Did I mention that vegan fibers take FOREVER to dye & dry?

Oh, well. At least I got some spinning done yesterday & today! I'll be updating the shop with at least two skeins today, tomorrow, and Thursday. Today's yarns:

stinging nettle handspun

flameflower handspun


Also, I think that I'm going to do a vegan/plant fiber yarn-of-the-month club instead of a patchwork one. It's perfect for warm-weather knitting! So hopefully I'll have that together in time to start it next month.

My calendula seeds are sprouting!

No comments: