Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ouch.

Sooo, last week I felt like I was finally getting caught up on everything - spinning, shipping, etc. And then a bug bit me - in my EYE - and I've been mostly knocked out for the past few days. I've had random bad reactions to bug bites (especially mosquitos) ever since I was a kid, but it hasn't happened in a long time! Ugh. The side of my left eye was super swollen and painful when I woke up one morning, and the swelling then proceeded to spread all the way across my eyelid until my whole eye was swollen. As if that wasn't bad enough, I felt horrible too, all achy and feverish, so I've spent the past few days getting absolutely nothing done and slipping behind again.

Luckily I woke up feeling tons better this morning! My eye is still very slightly swollen, but it's not noticeable. I got a bunch of packing done today for a post office trip tomorrow, and I think by the end of tomorrow I'll be back on track. I'm giving myself until this weekend to pull it together business-wise.

Check back for a blog update in the next few days with my milkweed fluff & natural dye experiments!

5 comments:

fallingblue said...

Be careful with the milkweed. I don't know about the variety that you have, but the stuff that grows around here is poisonous/toxic and many of my friends are allergic to it.

Tara said...

So sorry! Hope you're back to full strength soon!

Anonymous said...

Boo!! I can't believe you got bit on your eye! That is the pits!

Stacie said...

Yikes! Glad you're feeling better. Bug bites (esp. around the eye) are no fun under any circumstances. Then there's the swollen-eye Quasimodo effect--I've had bad allergic reactions to things that caused my eye to swell shut. I looked a sight at the dr's office, I'm sure. So hooray that you are on the mend and feeling good too.

folktale fibers said...

Thanks, everyone! My eye is finally back to normal!

fallingblue - Thanks for the reminder! I'm not allergic to milkweed, but I sometimes forget about the possibility of plant allergies.